- Doing Business
- Starting a Business
- Steps to Starting Your Business
Steps to Starting Your Business
- Register your Business Name - Also known as an assumed name, contact the County Clerk at the Northeast Sub-Courthouse at 817-581-3604.
- Corporate Certificate - To incorporate your business, contact the Secretary of State at 512-475-2755.
- Copyright - Contact the United States Copyright Office at 202-707-3000.
- Certificate of Occupancy (PDF) - Needed in order to open your business in the City, contact the City of North Richland Hills Planning and Development Department at 817-427-6330.
- Tax Responsibility - Determine the potential tax responsibilities of the new business on the federal, state, and local level.
- Sales and Use Tax - State Sales and Use Tax is imposed on all retail sales, leases and rentals of most goods, as well as taxable services, contact the Comptroller of Public Accounts at 817-847-6201.
- Health Permit - Pertaining to the handling, processing, packaging, and warehousing of food products, contact the City of North Richland Hills Neighborhood Services Department at 817-427-6650.
- Liquor License - Pertaining to the sale, transportation, or storage of alcoholic beverages, contact the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission at 817-451-9466 or the City Secretary's Office at 817-427-6050.
- Additional Frequently Requested Applications & Forms
- Federal Business Requirements
- State Requirements
Resources for Securing Capital
Obtaining capital is one of the top challenges for small businesses. When it comes to small business loans, business owners have a range of options available to them. The Small Business Administration (SBA) is one of the most comprehensive resources for small business financing. You can also contact the Economic Development Department for help determining your specific capital needs.
Local, State & Federal Business Resources
SCORE - Counselors to America's Small Businesses
SCORE provides free and confidential one-on-one business consulting for interested individuals. They have volunteer counselors with experience and expertise that can help you grow your current business or pursue your dreams of business ownership. They offer face-to-face counseling, telephone counseling, and internet counseling. "Helping small businesses start, established businesses grow, and entrepreneurs succeed."
- National SCORE Office
- Fort Worth SCORE Office
- Local North Richland Hills SCORE Office
North Richland Hills Public Library
9015 Grand Ave.
North Richland Hills, TX 76180
- Northeast Tarrant Chamber of Commerce - The Northeast Tarrant Chamber provides innovative leadership to ensure a successful business climate and promote the quality of life in Northeast Tarrant County.
- Small Business Administration - Free online courses and information that cover many important small business areas, contact 817-684-5500
- Office of the Governor, Economic Development Division - For information regarding statewide permits or licenses, contact 800-888-0511
- Office of the Governor's Small Business Handbook - Provides in-depth information on starting a business in Texas including information on business formation, employee requirements, taxes and business financing
- IRS Small Business One-Stop Resource Center - Small business start-up guide from the federal government; Includes online workshops
- USA.gov/business - The official business link to the United States Government